Even though this week is officially Shark Week, I believe last week had more sharks. GM Sharks hunting for the best acquisitions for their team both in the MLB and NFL alike. What else did you think was going to happen when the entire NFL offseason was crammed into just one month? Well, luckily for my readers, you have me. Below is a list of all of the “relevant signings and trades in both the NFL and MLB in case you haven’t been keeping up to par. For all of my fellow Dolphins fans, sadly we still have Chad Henne.
I still have just a few more spots left in my CBS Sports Fantasy Football league. $99 entry. First place receives $600. Open to any friends and/or fans who would like to challenge me. Post comment with interest.
The MLB had a handful of big named trades prior to the recently passed trade deadline. Of the trades that did happen, here are the notable ones:
- SP Ubaldo Jimenez from the Rockies to the Indians
- OF Michael Bourn from the Astros to the Braves
- OF Hunter Pence from the Astros to the Phillies
- SP Erik Bedard from the Mariners to the Redsox
- SS Rafael Furcal from the Dodgers to the Cardinals
- OF Ryan Ludwick from the Padres to the Pirates
- SP Jason Marquis from the Nationals to the Diamondbacks
- OF Jonny Gomes from the Reds to the Nationals
- SP Edwin Jackson from the Whitesox to the Cardinals
- OF Colby Rasmus from the Cardinals to the Bluejays
- OF Carlos Beltran from the Mets to the Giants
- OF Kosuke Fukudome from the Cubs to the Indians
- 1B Derek Lee from the Orioles to the Pirates
Now the NFL isn’t even close to being wrapped up with trades and free agent signings. However, of what has been done in the week since the NFL has been reinstated from the lockout, below are the notable NFL transactions…so far:
- Tue: Panthers agree to terms with DE Charles Johnson on 6-year deal.
- Tue: Seahawks agree to terms with QB Tarvaris Jackson on 2-year deal.
- Wed: Panthers agree to terms with RB DeAngelo Williams on 5-year deal.
- Wed.: Redskins send QB Donovan McNabb to Minnesota for draft picks.
- Wed: Colts agree to terms with S Melvin Bullitt on 3-year deal.
- Wed.: Jets agree to terms with WR Santonio Holmes on 5-year deal.
- Wed.: Titans agree to terms with QB Matt Hasselbeck on multiyear deal.
- Wed.: Seattle agrees to terms with WR Sidney Rice on 5-year deal.
- Wed.: Chiefs agree to terms with WR Steve Breaston on 5-year deal.
- Thu: Saints agree to deal RB Reggie Bush to Miami.
- Thu: Redskins deal DL Albert Haynesworth to Patriots.
- Thu: Arizona gets QB Kevin Kolb from Eagles for CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, second-round pick.
- Thu: Patriots acquire Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals for draft picks.
- Thu: Saints agree to 4-year deal with RB Darren Sproles.
- Fri: Falcons agree to 5-year deal with DE Ray Edwards.
- Fri: Eagles agree to 5-year deal with CB Nnamdi Asomugha.
- Fri: Eagles agree to 1-year deal with QB Vince Young.
- Sat: Eagles sign defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins to a 5-year deal.
- Sun: Jets agree to 1-year deal with wide receiver Plaxico Burress.